The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) confirms a number of non-executive appointments.
Audit and Assurance Council
Audit Quality Review Committee
- Paul Cox – He is Senior Lecturer of Finance at Birmingham Business School, University of Birmingham and an investment adviser at The National Employment Savings Trust (NEST).
- Olivier Beroud – He is an independent non-executive director, chairs the risk committee of Stratford Art Trust and runs a consultancy, Beroud Consulting. He formerly ran Moody's operations in EMEA. He specialises in credit ratings and risk analysis, corporate governance and pension covenant assessments.
Case Management Committee
- Charles Henderson – He has been with Invesco Perpetual since 1994 and joined its UK Equities fund management team in 2012 to manage its corporate finance and shareholder corporate governance engagement activities.
Corporate Reporting Council
- Geraint Davies – For 25 years until his retirement in 2013, Geraint was a partner in Grant Thornton. During that time he acted for listed, AIM and substantial private companies but was also involved with Government, local authorities and the not-for-profit sector.
- Michael-John Albert – He is an audit partner who leads the Audit Quality program for EY’s financial services practice and is a member of the Assurance UK leadership team for financial services.
Notes to editors:
- Sian Morgan – She joined Allianz Global Investors in 2010 and is currently a Research Analyst specialising in UK Financials.
- The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) is the UK’s independent regulator responsible for promoting high quality corporate governance and reporting to foster investment. The FRC sets the UK Corporate Governance and Stewardship Codes and UK standards for accounting and actuarial work; monitors and takes action to promote the quality of corporate reporting; and operates independent enforcement arrangements for accountants and actuaries. As the Competent Authority for audit in the UK the FRC sets auditing and ethical standards and monitors and enforces audit quality.
- The terms of reference for the councils and committees are on our website in our FRC Governance Bible at: https://www.frc.org.uk/Our-Work/Publications/FRC-Board/FRC-Governance-Bible-June-2016.pdf
- All Press enquiries should be directed to:
- Peter Timberlake, Head of Communications, on telephone: 020 7492 2397/ 07768 502332, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rita Carolan, Communications Manager, on telephone: 020 7492 2307/ 07428 149096 or email: email@example.com.
- Alana Sinnen, Communications Manager, on telephone: 020 7492 2395/ 07949 005526 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org