Audit and Actuarial Regulation
The Audit and Actuarial Regulation division encompasses the FRC’s audit and assurance standards and guidance, monitoring, and professional oversight, functions.
Our work includes:
- development and maintenance of auditing and assurance standards and guidance for engagements that are performed in the public interest within the United Kingdom;
- direct monitoring of the auditors of public interest entities (PIEs) and large AIM quoted companies;
- oversight and regulation of the Recognised Supervisory Bodies in their performance of the Regulatory Tasks delegated to them by the FRC as the Competent Authority for statutory audit;
- independent oversight of the regulation of the actuarial profession
- research and thematic studies.
You can read more about each individual function under each of the sections below.